Harnessing the power of a perfect press release
Press releases are still one of the fastest, most effective ways to get your brand or product in front of the right people. But you have to get it right. No one wants their precious story dumped in the journalist’s trash can, simply because the headline or the first paragraph wasn’t compelling enough!
Our one on one Press Release Workshop will give you the tools and the confidence you need to write an eye-catching press release. The result? Coverage in New Zealand print, online, radio and TV media that will boost sales and build awareness of you, your business and your product.
WHERE WILL WE MEET?
Our press release workshops usually take 1.5 hours. Enter your preferred date when booking and we will get in touch to confirm a date and time with you.
HOW TO BOOK
What to expect
The workshop will give you one on one time with Managing Director of Salt & Pepper, Jen Bell, to talk about your ideas, your press release and to ask plenty of questions. We will show you real-life client press releases that have got our clients covered in the New Zealand Herald, Breakfast TV, Seven Sharp, The Sunday Star Times, Good Magazine, NZ Life & Leisure, Magic FM, Newstalk ZB, the NBR, Radio New Zealand and The Press to name a few.
A few things we'll cover
· What should you write your press release about? If you’ve got no new ideas, we’ll help you brainstorm ways to get yourself in the press.
· Who are you writing for? Whether you’re trying to get yourself in The Press, the National Business Review or Cuisine we will show you how to target your press release for those journalists.
· How to write like a journalist – we’ll share the tips and tricks we’ve picked up from more than 14 years in the business.
· How to structure a press release with real-life examples from our clients.
· Creating eye-catching headlines and intros – how to cut through the thousands of press releases in a journalist’s inbox.
· Who should you quote, and what should they say?
· What to do when you’ve created your press release and how to pitch it to media.
What else you'll get
· Course information pack to take back to your business.
· Press release template, guideline and examples.
· Your top ten media contacts to send your press release to.
· Feedback from Jen on your press release.